Curtis P-40 Warhawk – 46 size
The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk was an American single-engine, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground attack aircraft that first flew in 1938. It was used by the air forces of 28 nations, including those of most Allied powers during World War II, and remained in front line service until the end of the war.
By November 1944, when production of the P-40 ceased, 13,738 had been built, all at Curtiss-Wright Corporation's main production facility at Buffalo, New York.
The P-40's lack of a two-stage supercharger made it inferior to Luftwaffe fighters such as the Messerschmitt Bf 109 or the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 in high altitude combat and it was rarely used in operations in Northwest Europe. Between 1941 and 1944, however, the P-40 played a critical role with Allied air forces in three major theatres: North Africa, the Southwest Pacific and China. It also had a significant role in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, Alaska and Italy. The P-40's high altitude perforance was not as critical in those theatres, where it served as an air supremacy fighter, bomber escort and fighter-bomber.
- Wing Span : 57 in / 1450 mm
- Wing Area : 564 sq in / 36.4 sq dm
- Flying Weight : 6.3 lb / 2860 g
- Fuselage Length : 49 in / 1240 mm
- Engine Required :
- 2-stroke 0.46
- 4-stroke 0.70 - 0.81
- Radio Required : 5-channel radio w/ 5 standard servos and 1 low profile retract servo
- Top quality balsa and plywood construction
- Hand painted camouflage colour scheme
- Fuel proof decals and factory painted pilot figure
- 3D transparent template to assist engine installation
- Pre-installed rotating retractable landing gears