Black Horse Ju-87B Stuka
Very few aircraft can be truly said to strike terror in a population more than the Stuka. The scream of the siren was intended to do exactly that!
The Black Horse Stuka is a near to scale replica of the Ju-87B-2 variant, representing an aircraft operated in Austria in 1943. Some compromises have been made to model construction/flying but the general outline is fairly close to scale, as is the colour scheme.
Designed primarily for a 1.20 size four stroke engine, the Stuka can also be converted to EP power if required and a hatch on the underside allows access to change the battery.
Those characteristic ailerons and flaps work just like the real thing and are surprisingly effective. The highly tapered wing requires care when landing but once down, the sprung undercarriage absorbs the bumps on the average flying field very well.
Each wing, complete with undercarriage leg, can be removed for transport. Although the bomb is fixed, a little ingenuity will allow a ropping mechanism to be conjured up, by those that feel it is essential.
The canopy has been left un-glued, so that scale fanatics can dress up the cockpit and pilots to their hearts content!
- Wingspan: 1920mm (75.6in)
- Length: 1560mm (61.4in)
- Weight: 5.5kg (12.13lbs)
- Servos: 9 Servos (5 x 5kg, 2 x 8kg, 2 x std) req'd
- Radio System: 6 Channel required
- Electric Motor: KMS Quantum 4130/07 or 5321/14 Required
- ESC Rec: Arrowind 80A SW or Opto required
- LiPo: 6S to 8S 5500mAh+ Li-Po recommended
- IC Engine: .91 – 1.20 size 4-stroke, .91 size 2-stroke