This is the kit version of the very popular 63" Seagull P-47G Thunderbolt.
The Republic P-47 Thunderbolt was a World War II era fighter aircraft produced by the United States from 1941 through 1945. Its primary armament was eight .50-caliber machine guns and in the fighter-bomber ground-attack role it could carry five-inch rockets or a bomb load of 2,500 pounds (1,103 kg). When fully loaded the P-47 weighed up to eight tons (tonnes) making it one of the heaviest single engined fighters of the war. The P-47 was designed around the powerful Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engine which was also used by two U.S. Navy/U.S. Marine Corps fighters, the Grumman F6F Hellcat and the Vought F4U Corsair. The Thunderbolt was effective as a short-to-medium range escort fighter in high-altitude air-to-air combat and ground attack in both the World War II European and Pacific theatres.
The P-47 was one of the main United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) fighters of World War II, and served with Allied air forces including France, Britain, and Russia. Mexican and Brazilian squadrons fighting alongside the U.S. also flew the P-47.
The armoured cockpit was relatively roomy and comfortable and the bubble canopy introduced on the P-47D offered good visibility. A present-day U.S. ground-attack aircraft, the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II, takes its name from the P-47.
- Radio - 6+ channels with 9 servos
- Operational flaps for an improved flight envelope
- Glass fibre engine cowl with dummy engine insert
- Wing guns, drop tanks and removable antenna for ultimate detail
- Two-piece plug in wings for easy transport
- Large removable top hatch for easy radio and flight battery access
- Mechanical retracts Included
- Wing mounted navigation lighting set included
- Suggested electric power: 50mm outrunner, 310kV, 8S 5200mAh LiPo, 80A ESC,
What's in the Box
- 1x Laser cut ply and balsa parts set
- 1x High quality hardware pack (horns, pushrods, hinges etc.)
- 1x Engine mount and fuel tank
- 1x Full size plan
- 1x Pilot figure
- 1x Decal sheet
- 1x Sanding block and sandpaper
- 1x Mechanical main retracts
- 1x Cowling, bombs, drop tank
- 1x Canopy, dummy radial engine and wing tip navigation light covers
- 1x LED navigation lights and battery holder
- Wingspan - 160cm (63.0ins)
- Wing Area - 47.0 dm2 (728.5 sq.in)
- Weight - 4.2 - 4.5Kg (9.3 - 9.9 lbs)
- Length - 131.5cm (51.8 ins)
- Engine - 61 - 91 two-stroke, 91 - 120 four-stroke, 15cc petrol
Needed to Complete
- 1x Engine of your choice. Recommended 61 - 91 two-stroke, 91 - 120 four-stroke, 15cc petrol
- 1x Covering and decoration of your choice.
- 1x 6-channel (minimum) transmitter and receiver combo.
- 9x Standard size servos. Recommended HS-5645MG
- 1x Glue. Recommended ZAP thin, Medium and ZAP epoxy 5min or 30min