Tamiya 58391 1/10 R/C Hotshot
An R/C Legend Returns
With its aggressive-looking body design and low centre of gravity, the Hotshot, Tamiya's first shaft-driven 4WD R/C buggy, made waves when it was introduced in 1985. The unique 3-piece chassis included such innovative features as front/rear mono-shock oil dampers, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension equipped with stabilizers, and front/rear fully-enclosed gearboxes equipped with thrust ball bearings and differential gears. A wide array of Option Parts were produced especially for modifying the Hotshot, and the machine became something that every youth at that time dreamed of. Fans have clamoured for a re-release of the epoch-making R/C car, and Tamiya now brings back this legend to let fans relive their childhood memories.
An Old Dog with New Tricks
Tamiya designers have given the Hotshot a makeover, replacing older, harder to assemble parts with modern equivalents but still keeping true to the spirit of the original Hotshot. While the front/rear double wishbone suspensions and adjustable mono-shock oil dampers remain the same, the drivetrain features modern dog bone type propeller shafts for enhanced reliability. The oil dampers have also been changed to the more modern diaphragm type. Also, with the use of a modern ESC, the original Hotshot's rear aluminium heat sink was no longer necessary. However, the Hotshot would not look the same without it, so our solution was to install a dummy part to remain faithful to the original look. Take this updated Hotshot out for a spin and compare it to today's R/C buggies to experience how far this hobby has developed!
- New, more efficient dog bone type front/rear drive shafts and propeller shaft.
- Progressive type rear suspension features pushrod and connecting plate.
- Front/rear mono-shocks feature diaphragm type oil dampers and feature adjustable springs.
- Kit includes metal maintenance stand bars, which can be used together with the battery holder to lift the car.
- Length: 390mm
- Width: 235mm
- Height: 150mm
- Weight: 1270g
- Tread: (Front/Rear) 194mm
- Tyre Width/Diameter: (Front) 28/82mm, (Rear) 34/82mm
- Frame: ABS Resin Monocoque
- Drivetrain: Shaft-driven 4WD
- Diff. Gear: 3-bevel
- Steering: 2-piece Tie Rod
- Suspension: 4-wheel Double Wishbone
- Gear Ratio: 8.1?1, 10.04?1
- Motor: Type RS540
- Speed Controller: ESC
Separately Required Items:
- 2-Channel FET-equipped R/C System
- 7.2V running battery & charger