Tamiya Ref: 58418 Boomerang 4WD (2008) Note, the US Tamiya site has this listed as discontinued, But we still have some stock available from Boomerang deals a year ago. It's rare stock don't let this one get away as it won't be coming back ( get it? Boomerang? not coming back?)
Here we go! The Boomerang Comes Back!
This is a 1/10 scale re-release assembly R/C kit of the Boomerang, which debut in 1986 as a entry R/C buggy model and easily established its popularity among the fans. The model features wedge-shape form and large-sized rear wing as in its name “Boomerang”. The ball bearings are installed in the gearboxes, and also included is a newly designed polycarbonate chassis cover which prevents dirt and debris from coming in and ensures you an easy maintenance of this fun-to drive R/C buggy.
Reliable Power Train
The Boomerang takes over the famous Hotshot’s chassis and shaft driven 4WD power train. The 3-piece bathtub chassis, which consists of centre frame with front and rear gearboxes, ensures easy maintenance. Front features a mono-shock oil damper and a stabilizer as well as rear features CVA long oil dampers. Newly included is a polycarbonate chassis cover to protect the chassis from dirt and debris. You can upgrade your machine with a wide range of Option Parts such as Item 53791 DF-02 Assembly Universal Shaft and Item 53926 DF-03 Aluminium Damper Set.
- In addition to the dust cover on top of the steering servo, the polycarbonate chassis cover prevents dirt and debris from coming in.
- The reliable dog-bone type propeller shaft transmits the power. Front suspension features an oil damper and a stabilizer.
- Rear features CVA oil dampers, which effectively absorb shocks from off-road tracks and improve traction.
- Length: 385mm, Width: 234mm, Height: 153mm
- Weight: Approximately 1160g (w/out R/C unit, battery)
- Tread: Front=196mm, Rear=194mm
- Tyre Width/Diameter: Front=30/88mm, Rear=38/88mm
- ABS Resin Bathtub Frame Chassis
- Drivetrain: Shaft Driven 4WD
- Front and Rear 3-Bevel Differential Gears
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Gear Ratio: 8.7?1, 10.04?1
- RS540 Type Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel R/C unit with ESC
- Battery pack and charger
- 8xR6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter