Tamiya Ref: 58436 1/10-scale Ford Bronco 1973 CR-01
The Famous “Early Bronco”
This is a 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit of the Ford Bronco, which is called “Early Bronco” and is greatly popular as a cross-country vehicle in the U.S. The subject of this R/C car is the 1973 wagon model, which has a white rear cover. The distinctive body style which features raised front hood sides has been realistically reproduced with polycarbonate, and separately moulded metal plated parts which depict front grille, light covers, and side mirrors add great scale realism. The CR-01 chassis features 4-link rigid suspension with oil dampers and shaft drive 4WD drivetrain with lockable differentials. The model comes equipped with beadlock wheels and the Cliff Crawler Tyres, which feature tread pattern on the sidewalls to provide maximum grip in rock crawling environments.
About the Ford Bronco
American 4WD vehicles produced prior to 1966 were viewed as large, crude machines, but the Ford Bronco, which was released that year broke the mould with its compact design and created a dynasty. It was offered in three body types: the open-top roadster, the “sport utility” half cab, and the wagon. The chassis featured a drivetrain from the Ford F100 pick-up that matched the new frame and suspension. In particular, the front suspension was equipped with coil springs to provide both a comfortable ride and superb off-road capability. The first generation "Early Broncos" were produced until 1977 and remain extremely popular as cross-country and rock-climbing vehicles even today.
- 4-link rigid suspension features front and rear stabilizers and provides a sure-footed performance.
- The Cliff Crawler Tyres feature tread pattern on the sidewalls to provide maximum grip in rock crawling environments. They are mounted on 3-piece beadlock wheels.
- Dampers are actuated via pushrods and rocker arms. Separate coil springs act as tension springs to help maintain a controllable stance.
- Steering servo is mounted in a servo bed above the axle in an innovative way so as to not interfere with suspension movement.
- Compact gearbox transfers power to all 4 wheels and the small size enables lower battery position for better centre of gravity.
- Front and rear 3-bevel diffs can be locked to provide the ultimate level of off-road traction.
- The front grille is a separately moulded metal plated part. LED lights (sold separately) can be installed to depict headlights.
- Metal plated side mirrors add a sharp finish to this machine.
- The wagon body style is realistically reproduced. LED lights (sold separately) can be installed to depict taillights.
- Length: 435mm
- Width: 263mm
- Height: 262mm
- Weight: 2300g
- Wheelbase: 288mm
- Tread (Front, Rear): 208mm
- Tyre Width/Diameter (Front, Rear): 57/125mm
- Chassis: Ladder Frame with Aluminium Side Channels and Resin Cross Members Drivetrain: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Diff Gear: 3-Bevel Diff (standard: locked setting)
- Planetary Gearbox
- Suspension: (Front/Rear) 4-Link Rigid
- Front and Rear CVA Oil Dampers
- Gear Ratio: 1?40.5
- Electronic Speed Controller (separately required)
- RS540 Type Motor
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel R/C unit with ESC
- Battery pack and charger
- 8xR6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter