Tamiya Ref - 58441 Buggy Champ 2009
The Champ is Back!
The Buggy Champ, which started the "Buggy Boom" when it was released in 1979, now comes back as a new and improved version. It keeps true to the basic layout of the original while incorporating modern improvements and features many refined parts that are reproduced with newly built metal mouldings. The Buggy Champ also features a transparent mechanism box, which protects the mechanics and battery and comes with grooved front and rear tyres with block tread pattern. Realistic body is moulded in white polystyrene and can be painted with plastic model paints. The Buggy Champ surely brings back the memories of the good old days when everyone was excited with its aggressive driving performance.
Kept the Original
Chassis features a 2mm thick FRP plate with an aluminium reinforcing plate for strength and flexibility to ensure stability. 4-wheel independent suspension features front double trailing arm and rear swing axle setups, die-cast suspension arms, and oil dampers. The Electronics and battery are protected by a durable clear plastic mechanism box. Comes equipped with full ball bearings to reduce friction loss, and mounted on the 3-piece centre-lock wheels are grooved front tyres and rear tyres with block tread pattern that ensure superb off superb off-road performance .
- Front suspension features die-cast suspension arms and double trailing arm setup as well as grooved front tyres.
- Steering linkage features a steering rod sleeve. Servo comes equipped with a servo saver to protect against shock.
- Clear plastic mechanism box protects the R/C unit against dust, and its lid can be easily detached by cam locks.
- Sealed gearbox is made with die-cast and clear plastic parts and has built-in motor and gears, featuring superb protection against dust.
- Rear suspension features a swing axle setup that has oil dampers and torsion bar springs to effectively absorb shocks.
- Semi-pneumatic rear tyres features high-gripping block tread pattern. The positive camber setup is seen on actual Baja Buggies.
- Length: 400mm, Width: 210mm, Height: 150mm
- Wheelbase: 250mm
- Tread: F170mm, R175mm
- Tyre Width/Diameter: F19/74mm, R35/83mm
- Chassis: 2mm Thick FRP Plate with Reinforcing Aluminium Plate
- Rear Wheel Drive
- Weight: Approx. 1730g
- Type 540 Motor included (Compatible with kit-included motor or Item 53689 540J Motor only)
- No Differential Gears
- Front Suspension: Double Trailing Arm, Rear Suspension: Swing Axle4 Oil Dampers
- Gear Ratio=4.6:1 or 3.7:1
- Requires Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) (sold separately)
Separately Required Items:
- 2-Channel R/C unit with ESC
- Battery: Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size) and compatible charger
- 8xR6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter