The Legendary F1 Machine - Tamiya (84124) Wolf WR1 F104 Chassis
This is a 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit model of the Wolf WR1, which made its debut at the Argentina GP, the opening round of 1977 Formula One season. The race saw a sensational and historic result as it was the first time a new team to win their debut race with a new car. This result helped Jody Scheckter to take 2nd place in the Driver's Championship for that season. The wedge-shaped body including the induction pod has been realistically reproduced with polycarbonate. Separate parts for side mirrors, front wing panels, and a driver figure are included. Aluminium stays help depict the uniquely mounted rear wing. Providing the model with the same sharp handling performance as the actual is the direct-drive 2WD F104W chassis.
Replicating 1970s Wide Body Dimensions
The F104W chassis features a longitudinal battery layout, which allows for a slim chassis design. Chassis features a double deck layout with 2.0mm upper and 3.2mm lower FRP decks. F103 front suspension arms are incorporated to accurately replicate the wide body dimensions of this classic 1970s race car. Front independent kingpin coil spring suspension as well as rear 3-point suspension with friction plate and coil spring offers a sharp handling performance. Direct drive 2WD transmits motor power directly to the spur gear, which is equipped with a ball differential. In addition, realistic semi-pneumatic rubber tires come with inner sponges.
- F103 front suspension arms are incorporated to replicate the wide body dimensions of a classic 1970s race car.
- Slim chassis has the FRP double deck layout, longitudinal battery position, and height adjustable gear case.
- Rear wing is supported by aluminium stays connected with wing panels to enhance scale realism.
- Length: 463mm
- Width: 205mm
- Height: 104mm
- Weight: 800g
- Wheelbase: 270mm
- Tread?F: 170mm, R: 156mm
- Tyre Width/Diameter?F: 31/56mm, R: 50/67mm
- FRP Half Double Deck
- Horizontally-mounted motor rear direct drive 2WD
- Ball Differential
- Symmetrical Steering Tie-Rods
- Suspension: F/Kingpin Coil Spring, R/T-Bar Rigid
- Gear Ratio?4.16:1 (25T Pinion Gear/104T Spur Gear)
- Type 540 Motor Included
- Requires Electronic Speed Controller (separately available)