The Wings Maker GM046XM J-11B Fighter Kit
- High performance electric ducted fan jet
- Hot aerobatics at high speed and scaled flying at low speed.
- Lightweight and strong EPO foam provides structural strength and rigidity.
- Nose and main retractable landing gear.
- For Twin 600W Ducted Fan Propulsion Units
TWM Turbo Out Runner Motor EDF - Required
TWM Fan Unit - Required
- Code No. : GM046XM -Excluding Motors
- Wing Span : 41 in / 1040 mm
- Wing Area : 527 sq in / 34 sq dm
- Flying Weight : 68 oz / 1920 g
- Fuselage Length : 57 in / 1450 mm
- Requires : 6 channel w/10 micro servos, 2x40A minimum (burst 45A) brushless ESC, 2x4 cells 14.8V 20C 2100 mAh battery and charger
In our own J11B we use 60 Amp ESC's.
Although the manufacturer recommends a 40/45 Amp ESC for this aircraft, we have found that depending on the battery used and flying conditions it is difficult to adequately cool an ESC of this rating. Following many flights with our own models we would recommend a 40 to 50 amp ESC on a 3 Cell Set Up and if using the 4 Cell Turbo Motor and TWM Fan we recommend a 60 to 70 amp ESC.
As with all final fix motor installations you should check the ESC used is adequate for your individual set up
EPO foam (Expanded Poly Olefin) is known by many trade names. For example Parkzone's Z Foam and the Multiplex's Elapor models.
EPO is notorious for being difficult to get a good glued joint.From our own experience we did not find 5 minute epoxy the best type of glue for EPO and we recommend Bob Smiths Super Gold or Gold Cyno or Multiplex Zacki adhesive. Slower types of Epoxy can also work if the surfaces being glued are roughhed up to help the glue 'key' the joint. Many standard forms of Cyno adhesives can also be used, but we always advise testing unknown glues on scrap foam before committing them to use.
This model has received very good reviews in the model press. John Stennard of RCMW and Q&EFI was very impressed with the performance on the two World Models Fans.It should be noted that the U/C that comes with this model is O.K for tarmac and hard surfaces , but it does not stand bumpy grass fields. John got around this by fitting the E Flite 10 - 15 size retracts. The model will hand launch or dolly launch.
If you need extra servos or spare servos for Wings Maker - then click the link to take you to the Wings Maker Servos